Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Site Cache

Site Cache 2 years, 2 months ago #1423

• klyx
I think I asked this before, but I cannot find the thread.
Does anyone know how to control the cache?

When I get up in the morning, there is NO new game.
I actually hard coded the cache times to 1,3 and 6 and ran those, but it will not fresh (default is 12)

I would guess, that the cache uses the time of install as a reference "refresh" point. So if I install sgs at 2pm, the new games will not show up until 2pm.

anyone know in the source code where it is to actually change the refresh?

thanks!

Re: Site Cache 2 years, 2 months ago #1424

• Joachim
I dont know where in the code it is, but there are some cache options in the admin section of the SGS. gamestorebuilder.com/section-layout/8-sg...el-user-manual#Cache Options

Maybe you could change the cache settings and look at which file has been changed to get a clue where to look for the settings.

Re: Site Cache 2 years, 2 months ago #1425

• klyx
Hi
figured it out (trial and error is more fun LOL - and the memory retention is 10x better)

there is a folder called "_cache"
just delete the pcgamexml*.db
refresh
POOF! NEW GAMES!

according to the docs, the min you can run is 12hr intervals. Apparently the refresh is 12hrs from the time of install. so if you installed SGS at 5pm, you will not see your new games until 5pm. BFG updates games usually after 1:30am, but I am not sure if that is CST,PST,MT etc..

however, you could (as a poormans alternative) reinstall it at 13:30 - 15:30 since it will hit twice a day.

Re: Site Cache 2 years, 2 months ago #1430

• klyx
The following below does not work. I have been talking to the author of SGS, and he does not have a "clear" answer. He said to delete the same file and it would work, yet however when I did that, it pulled the games again, but the new game was not there. AND! IT was the same file name. On my custom sites, the new game cann be bulled around 1:30am - so there is a glitch with the sgs. I think you need to do a fresh install at the time you want to pull it as I still believe it works on "install time" then 12/24 hrs after that time - regardless if you delete the cache.

klyx wrote:
Hi
figured it out (trial and error is more fun LOL - and the memory retention is 10x better)

there is a folder called "_cache"
just delete the pcgamexml*.db
refresh
POOF! NEW GAMES!

according to the docs, the min you can run is 12hr intervals. Apparently the refresh is 12hrs from the time of install. so if you installed SGS at 5pm, you will not see your new games until 5pm. BFG updates games usually after 1:30am, but I am not sure if that is CST,PST,MT etc..

however, you could (as a poormans alternative) reinstall it at 13:30 - 15:30 since it will hit twice a day.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds